Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian said people in WWE are “very unhappy” with Mick Foley after his recent criticisms of the promotion. There is an “unwritten rule” that WWE Legends shouldn’t disparage the company.
- The WWE Draft will take place on the Oct. 1 episode of SmackDown and the Oct. 4 episode of Raw, per Zarian. The Queen of the Ring and King of the Ring tournaments will then start on the Oct. 8 episode of SmackDown, with the finals taking place Oct. 21 in Saudi Arabia.
- Zarian said he heard “something very similar” to what Dave Meltzer reported about WWE’s plan to have Adam Cole be a manager on the main roster. Meltzer said the pitch for Cole did not come from WWE’s creative team. It was either Vince McMahon or Bruce Prichard’s idea.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer mentioned that Bryan Danielson is a big fan of Vince McMahon as a person. The money offered to him by AEW and WWE was close, and it was a very tough decision for Danielson to make on which company to sign with.
- In the aftermath of rumors spreading about Sami Zayn’s contract with WWE ending soon, Fightful indicated that his deal is not up this fall.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.